Event Debriefs – Not Evil. Always Necessary.
We know! It’s so darn tempting not to hold an event debrief. Yet, they are so very worthwhile. At the very least, develop a report even if it’s just for you and ESPECIALLY if it relates to an annual event. Here’s a cheat sheet of what it might include:
- Date, time, location, type of event (reception, seated dinner, theater-style program)
- Relevant stats – # of invites, RSVPs, no-shows, attendees
- Who were the intended audiences, and did they come? Or were U struggling to fill seats?
- What were the event goals and were they achieved?
- What worked? What didn’t? What should be adjusted?
- Who would miss this event if you never did it again?